Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

I Heard You, But I Didn't Listen

CP: What do we dislike about people?
ME: How much space do you want to phill with this post?
MICE ELF: People who don't listen. 
CP: Ask the question you want answered and answer the question you were asked. I have plenty of stories of people not listening. 
ME: Like the time the golfers kept calling us to make tee times and hearing our "CP's Pharmacy" message or us then answering "CP's Palace of Pills"? 
MICE ELF: Yeah. So we phinally gave up and just started scheduling them times. 
ME: At least the calls eventually stopped. 
MICE ELF: What's this have to do with us today? 
CP: People who approach the wrong counter then, when asked a question, are incapable of phormulating the proper, one-word response to it. 
ME: Hi. Are you picking up?
CP: Bingo. 
MICE ELF: Another of your "yes or no" questions. 
CP: But with a twist. Patients approach the PICK UP window, which is clearly marked as such. I look up, make eye contact and clearly enunciate "Hi. Picking Up?"
ME: To which they, to a person, all reply?
MICE ELF: YES!
CP: Only phor me to walk over, unlock the register and ask their names to:
a. have a person shake a bottle, asking "where can I find this"?
b. have someone ask to purchase Sudafed
c. say "I just have a question"
d. ask if there is a key to the toilet
ME: If you have a question, the proper response to our initial question is "no". 
MICE ELF: But they'll usually phollow it with "I just have a quick question".
CP: So true. But if you don't listen to the question I directly asked you, how can I expect you to listen to the answer I subsequently provided?
ME: I just give them random answers. 
MICE ELF: It's really phunny when they repeat it back to you while making eye contact and nodding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment