Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Still Need To Be Nice

CP: It's not their fault. 
ME: What isn't?
CP: That patients are forced to call pharmacies for Adderall and other backordered products. 
MICE ELF: Right. 
CP: But it hasn't stopped pharmacies from treating them with disdain and being rude about the calls. 
ME: Big Meanies!
MICE ELF: And let me guess, they're not only hostile about it, but they're not telling callers if they have it because "I'm afraid I'll get robbed"?
CP: Yes. Although Adderall has never really been atop the pharmacy theft list. 
MICE ELF: That's pretty lame. 
CP: I get it. Under normal circumstances, I rarely provide inventory information on most C-IIs. 
ME: But this isn't normal circumstances. 
MICE ELF: And we do get questions about the oddball medication from time to time. 
CP: Indeed. And if hospitals or offices call, I'm fine with telling them what I have. The problem with pharmacists refusing to tell callers if they have products in stock, and being rude about it, has nothing to do with concern about theft. Now, I have to deal with people calling saying "Hi. I'm an RN from a doctor and wanted to know. . . "
ME: No. No you're not. That's not how they speak. 
MICE ELF: You could at least try. Put some effort into your knavery. 
CP: All true. 
ME: What about "I'm keeping it in stock for my regular patients"? 
CP: I'm okay with that. But be honest about it and not rude. It's surprising to me how many fellow colleagues are rude. 
ME: But they're too busy to deal with all the phone calls all day long. <sighs>
MICE ELF: We all feel the same. But we aren't all shitty about it. 
CP: Which makes me look good when people call and I either have it in stock or I locate a product at another location. 
ME: And don't lie to people.
MICE ELF: Let me guess. You're slipping this post in between a couple of Don't Be A Dick posts on purpose, aren't you? Thinking no one will notice?
CP: Hey, it doesn't take much to be nice and answer the question. Again, it is not the fault of the patient they have to call. We cannot complain that we won't call other stores for patients, expecting them to call themselves, then, when they actually DO call themselves, we treat them with disrespect, are rude, and whine "I'm afraid of robberies". Then treat them like shite. 
ME: We can't have it both ways. 
MICE ELF: Before CP says it, Don't Be A Dick. 
CP: It's not their fault. Say "yes", say "no". But, yeah, what MICE ELF said. 

#ItsNotTheirFault 
#DontBeADick 
#ThisIsntGoingAwaySoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment