Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

PSA #8

UT: What is today's lesson, O Wise One?
CP: If YOU change something, you must relate that information to all affected parties. Should you forget to notify someone of said changes and it adversely affects their relationship with you, it is YOUR responsibility to fix it, not the uninformed parties with whom you conduct business. 
UT: Short version?
CP: YOU have to notify US any time you
-move (change address)
-change phone number(s)
-switch providers
-switch provider locations
-switch insurance(s) 
-stop taking a medication
-start a new medication (perhaps not filled with us)
-change strength (sans new Rx)
-change directions (sans new Rx)
-discover/develop new allergy/ies
-change preferred email
-change contact preferences 
-want us to order a specific manufacturer (yes, each time)
-die 

UT: Our computer doesn't know this. Your friends don't know this. No one knows any of these things have changed unless and until YOU tell them, directly. 
CP: Yes. Because INdirectly must be how everyone expects these notifications to take place.
UT: It's in the cloud. It's in "the system". 
CP: There's no "system". Any database is only as good as the information entered. 
UT: And THAT information comes from?
CP: YOU. 
UT: Next time you get mad that something changed to which we were not alerted, I shall place the mirror on the counter so you can vent to yourself. Because you're not smart enough, you're not good enough, and doggone it, people don't like putting up with your self-righteous, entitled bullshit". 
CP: As a coach and preceptor, I have always told my players and students: "I will never yell at you for not doing something I didn't teach you how to do". 
UT: Adulting is hard. No one told me I'd have to do things for myself. 
MICE ELF: You do lots of things for me. I appreciate you. 
UT: Awwww. And I appreciate you. 
CP: Be responsible and take your Tessalon#. 

#PhuhCough 

No comments:

Post a Comment