Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Somebody That I Used to Know

"I swear I recognize your face. Haunting, familiar yet, I can't seem to place it."

CP: Sorry, just predicting the future. Can I help you?
You-Know Me Customer: Well you can try.
CP: That's why I said "can" and not "may". Let's have it.
YKMC: I'm here to pick up a prescription.
CP: For?
YKMC: Myself.
CP: "Cannot find a candle of thought, to light your name."
YKMC: But I come here all the time.
CP: Oh. In that case, let me just reach into my brain and pull out your profile.
YKMC: You're being facetious, aren't you?
CP: No. Wryly amusing myself. How long are we going to keep going like this?
YKMC: I can keep it up longer than you.
CP: Probably not without medication. And I have a trump card yet to play.
YKMC: Seriously. I could own this store by now with all the prescriptions I purchase here.
CP: Well if you were the owner, I'm sure I'd know your name. Didn't we ask you to leave because you were yelling and screaming at me and the rest of the staff?
YKMC: Yes. But the other pharmacies weren't as nice to me as you.
CP: "My God, it's been so long. Never dreamed you'd return. But now here you are. And here I am."
YKMC: Yes. I'm back. And I expect you to know who I am.
CP: Time to play the trump card.
YKMC: Go for it.
CP: <covering the CP name badge> What's MY name?
YKMC: Um. <Looking around for the license or other evidence> I don't know that.
CP: Of course you don't. You can't even remember the name of the one pharmacist you deal with every time you visit; the one pharmacist with whom you choose to verbally spar.  If you can't remember one single employee's name, how can you expect me to remember the names of all the customers responsible for the 3000 prescriptions I fill each week?
YKMC: I'm such a pain in the ass I just figured you always remember the really nice and the really awful ones.
CP: No. We remember the really nice ones. And we forget the awful ones as soon as the conversation ends. In fact, as soon as you walk away, I'll have no memory of this conversation. Why don't you try to be one of the memorable ones so I don't have to kick you out again?

Hearts and thoughts they fade...fade away....Hearts and thoughts they fade...away...

No comments:

Post a Comment