Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Just For Fun

People always like to complain that we short them pills. Most often it is on controlled substances. Every once in a while it will be on something innocuous like Lasix.  While I cannot say that counting errors do not happen, it is unlikely to occur with the frequency and in the amounts that are often claimed.
Omeprazole 20mg? We only gave you 30 instead of 60? That I do understand since they come prepackaged in 30-ct bottles.
Lasix 20mg on a count of 30? When we count by 5's? Unlikely.

I had someone complain every month we shorted her on her "month's supply". Turns out she started every new bottle on the first of the month. Months with 31 days she either skipped that day or bullied us into giving her an extra one. In February, I asked for my extra 2 pills back.

Just for fun, I'd like to give someone an extra pill. Not just anyone. Someone who always complains. Someone who takes two(2) tablets as one(1) dose just once a day. Give them a single extra tablet.
Crabby Customer: You idiots shorted me 1 tablet!
CP: How do you know?
CC: Because I only have 1 tablet left and I always take 2 tablets as 1 dose.
CP: Uh-huh. I see. How do you know we SHORTED you a tablet?
CC: Because I only have 1 left.
CP: Could it not be possible, your Holiness, to have actually provided you with an EXTRA tablet? Let's just assume for minute that you also did not ever drop a pill somewhere along the way.
CC: I suppose it is possible. But you people always...
CP: Always do this to you. I know. Which is why I gave you an extra one. Just for fun. Now laugh, take your extra pill, and say thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I have done this with a couple of whiners.

    Amazingly, they never mention the extra tablet.

    Shoot me, please.

    ReplyDelete