Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Foil(ed) Again

Pet Peeve of the day for CP: Foil Seals on the bottles.
I do not hate the seals, I hate the un-sealers. You know the people to whom I refer. The ones that leave the little flap in the bottle. The ones that leave the cotton in the bottle after taking just a single tablet off the top. The ones that pop their finger in and don't rip off the whole seal.

I always taught my techs who did this that tablets get stuck and can get thrown away. I explained that "your finger goes in to pop the foil and it has to come out too. It may as well pull the foil out with it".
Notice how the second picture has a tablet stuck under the foil? It was a control and we thought it was missing. Even pounded it on the counter to loosen.





1 comment:

  1. At my pharmacy chain (and every other pharmacy chain I know of) has a policy to X the bottle when it is opened, therefore you know which bottle to use when filling and all the other reasons to know which bottle doesn't have a full quantity.

    Unfortunately, my pharmacy manager never got on board with this and he's been around since the 1880s. I can't tell you how many times a tech has labeled what he/she thought was a "full" bottle when in fact it was already open and tablets/caps missing.

    Arrrrggghhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete