Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

No Means No

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
How many "NO's" does it take to get someone to understand No Means No?

Impatient Patient: Did my doctor call anything in for me yet?
CP: No.
IP: Nothing?
CP: No.
IP: Not for my blood pressure?
CP: No.
IP: I called him this morning. Nothing, huh?
CP: No.
IP: Yesterday, perhaps?
CP: No.
IP: Not my antibiotic either?
CP: No.
IP: Maybe last week then?
CP: No.
IP: Are you sure?
CP: No. I want to see how long we can keep this going. Ask me if he faxed anything.
IP: Ok. Did he fax anything for me?
CP: No.
IP: But you said...
CP: And you listened. Now try voicemail or e-scripts, or email, or secret courier.
IP: Did he e-scribe it?
CP: No.
IP: Email?
CP: No.
IP: Is it on voicemail?
CP: No.
IP: Did it magically arrive via secret courier?
CP: Um, No. But I like the way you think.
IP: Well what else is there?
CP: Morse Code?
IP: Is it worth it?
CP: Not really. But I'm amused. Of course by this time, I now have to check my fax machine, my e-scripts, my voicemail, my email, my Pony Express satchel, and Top Secret pneumatic tube all over since it's taken me so long to get you to understand no means no.
IP: <optimistically> How about now?
CP: No.
IP: Ok. I'll wait around for it.
CP: Of course you will...

No comments:

Post a Comment