Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Gaslighting

Gaslight: Manipulate (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity.
 
Do we all remember our Shakespeare? Particularly Taming of the Shrew? 
Namely Act 4, Scene 5.
 
The moon! the sun: it is not moonlight now.
I say it is the moon that shines so bright.
 
I know it is the sun that shines so bright.
-----
Like is easier for Kate with her acquiescence. 
Much like life in the pharmacy. 

Have you ever worked for multiple companies or discussed work with your peers and colleagues from other employers? 
Did you ever discover striking dissimilarities in how laws are defined and followed?
(Not simply state to state. I'm talking about on opposite corners of the same street.)
Did you ever get so mind-phucked by your employer that you don't know if it's actual law or company policy?

My law professor was atrocious. We had to unlearn what we had learned in order to pass our Boards. 
I also know a lot has changed since I graduated. It's my duty to remain up to date.
However, I did not expect that pharmacists within my own company, and pharmacists at other companies, would disagree on interpretations of the law. 
I phind it interesting that, after being at one place for so long, what I thought was real had become the illusion. 

What, if any, company "rules" or "policies" were presented to you as "LAWS" that you discovered later to be untrue?
 
"We barely remember
Who or what came before this precious moment
We are choosing to be here right now
Hold on, stay inside"
#AllThisPainIsAnIllusion
 
"Red is gray and yellow white. 
But we decide which is right. 
And which is an illusion?"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment