Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Sunday, October 1, 2023

No One Cares

CP: Why do people feel the need to announce everything?
CPP: Like when they join or leave a social media group?
CP: I think that's where the habit started. "This group is no longer about kittens; I saw pictures of full-grown cats. <sniffs> I 'm out."
CPP: Right? Who cares? No one. It's not an airport; you don't have to announce departures or arrivals. 
CP: "Thanks for letting me in the group". All you did was click a link that said "join group". It's not a secret society; we have no secret knocks. 
CPP: Why is this relevant today?
CP: The people who feel the need to tell us anything not germane to our interaction. 
CPP: Par exemple?
CP: "I could have gotten this cheaper at (names competitor)." Okay, cool. Sweet. Good to know. If I have to buy this same item, I'll be sure to go there MICE ELF. 
MICE ELF: But I don't use that.
CP: <shhh> Seriously, though? Why do I care? I don't. You are here. You are paying me my listed price. If it really mattered to you, why are you here and not there? Hmm?
CPP: I'm going to try that at the gas station. I'll walk in to pay and tell the clerk that gas is cheaper down the street. "I could've gone there where it's $0.03 cheaper." 
CP: To which I'd reply, "yet here you stand, in front of me, at my establishment, waiting in line to pay for gas when you had the power to go there yourself". 
CPP: I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to take her money, while making snide offhanded comments about how he sucks. 
CP: Notting Hill, The Retirement Years. 
CPP: Right? Yet everyone does it. 
CP: GoodRx has really factored into that. Maybe you could have paid that there. Maybe not. I've seen different prices on the same prescriptions on subsequent days at the same pharmacies. 
CPP: And never mind the front end merchandise. 
CP: I'm going to try that at my local grocer. Y'know I could've bought these for less across the street. 
CPP: <scans> uh-huh <scans> that's nice <scans> 
CP: No one cares. Go there then. If I need it, I will pay for it. If comparison shopping is my goal, and I know the prices elsewhere, then I will go there. Or I won't. 
CPP: Maybe they're expecting us to say "ooh, how much? I'll match it for you"? 
CP: It's the sense of validation. Make sure you know my feelings. I don't care about yours, but I', a real person and my feelings matter. Somebody see me. <sniff>
CPP: <applauds> Nice. The sarcasm dripping off this is on point. 
CP: Not too cynical? 
CPP: Never. 
CP: And that's why people come here; the level of service and trust and commitment we provide to our patients. 
CPP: It's obviously not the prices. 
CP and CPP: <guffaw heartily> 

No comments:

Post a Comment