Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Unnecessary Dreck

CP: If one is asked a "yes" or "no" question, does there need to be a qualifier? Is more information necessary?
ME and MICE ELF: No. 
CP: Thank you. Everything else is irrelevant drivel. 
ME: We know. 
CP: I was told when testifying before a grand jury to only answer the question asked of me; do not offer any more information, especially to a yes or no question. 
MICE ELF: Yet it doesn't stop people phrom continuing to ask questions after we answer them with "yes" or "no". 
ME: Nor does it prevent them from continuing to speak after replying to us in the affirmative or negative. 
CP: Did my doctor call anything in phor me?
ME: No. 
CP: Are you sure? It was for an antibiotic. He sent it while I was there. 
MICE ELF: I need it. I'm going to die without it. 
ME: Every. Day. 
MICE ELF: I trust you have a newer twist on this daily dialogue? 
CP: Patients that do this to us. 
ME: Let's hear it. 

Dude In Car: I'd like to call in my refill. 
CP: Certainly. Do you have your Rx#?
DIC: No. I'm in my car. 
CP: What does you being in the car have to do with this? A simple "no" allows me to ask my phollow up question of "DOB?". Many people multi-task in their cars-they eat, text, make calls to pharmacies, masturbate, and all while driving. Just because you're in your car doesn't mean you're driving either. You could be at a light. Or in a parking deck, or with your mistress. I don't know. Just answer the yes or no question with one word and allow us to move along. 

ME: After you asked his DOB he probably said "I don't know, I'm driving". 
MICE ELF: I don't know. I'm washing my hair. 
ME: I don't know, I broke a nail. 
CP: Either way, after answering a yes or no question with either yes or no, nothing else matters. Keep the conversation moving. Whether answering my questions or my answering yours, the answer won't change. I won't phind your Rx and you won't phind your bottle. 

#HowToHaveAConversation
#AnswerYesOrNo 
#MyAnswerWontChange 

No comments:

Post a Comment