Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Friday, January 7, 2022

You're Not (More) Important

CP: Welcome and Good Morning to ya!
Throwing Wild Ass Tantrum: I need these filled. 
CP: Good on you. We like to fill things. 
TWAT: How long is the wait?
CP: Currently, the wait time in your area is 29 minutes. 
TWAT: I just left the dentist. I'm in pain!
CP: I just opened and we have many people already ahead of you for their prescriptions and shots. We are a very popular location with people with all sorts of needs these past couple years. 
TWAT: But I'm standing right here!
CP: And she's sitting over there, he's kneeling over there and, for some reason, she's squatting in the corner. You're saying standing > sitting > kneeling > squatting?
TWAT: But I'm in pain. 
CP: Aha. I just met you and, this is crazy, but do you want to go to Olive Garden or Outback with my this Friday, around 6pm, maybe?
TWAT: WTF?
CP: Well, every time I go out to eat on a Friday, to really popular casual dining locations around 6pm, I am always told the wait time is around 2 hours. I was hoping that your powers of persuasion and sense of entitlement might get me a seat faster. When they tell me it's 2 hours until I can eat, you can stomp your foot at them and shout "BUT I'M HUNGRY!" Since you think that works here, I figured I'd try to cash in on your abilities. 
TWAT: This is ridiculous. 
CP: Maybe if you ask all of the people ahead of you if they really need their medications right now, they may all let you go ahead of them. We could try that at the restaurant tonight too; "Hi, I believe you're not as hungry as I am. May I go ahead of all of you?". I'd love to actually watch that. What do you say?
TWAT: I'll be back. 
CP: See you in 31 minutes. 
TWAT: You told me 29 minutes!
CP: I did. But you wasted time and now more people have jumped the queue since you hesitated on handing me your prescriptions. . . for Motrin. You could just buy this OTC. 
TWAT: Nope. I'm not paying for this. 
CP: Definitely taking you to Outback.
 
ME: One of these days, someone will be nice to us. 
MICE ELF: Despite there being nearly 8 billion people on the planet, it amazes me how many believe they are more important than anyone else. 
CP: "I'm just a pharmacist, standing here, in phront of a patient, asking him not to be a douche."

#NottingHill
#DontBeADouche

No comments:

Post a Comment