Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Least Busy

CP: Ah, fall. The end of flu shot season Part I, and a pause in the number of times we are asked "when are you least busy"?
Uber-Tech: Now what? 
CP: The mad rush through the holidays and end of the year. . . and a surge in "are you going to be busy when I get there" questions. 
UT: Right. How are we going to know? 
CP: I've been answering "we are least busy when we are closed" and thought I'd pay homage to a great book.
UT: Which likely means you have something prepared for us today. 
CP: Halloween is not the only time for playacting. Let us begin. 

CP: From now on, I don't want anyone to come in and see me or call or me while I'm in the pharmacy. Is that clear?
UT: Yes, CP. What do I say to people who want to come in and see you or call for you while you're in the pharmacy?
CP: Tell them I'm in and ask them to wait. 
UT: For how long?
CP: Until I've left. 
UT: And then what do I do with them?
CP: I don't care.  
<patient approaches>
Pt: Is CP in?
UT: Yes. 
Pt: About how long will I have to wait before I get to see CP?
UT: Just until we close. Then you can go right in. 
Pt: But CP won't be here then, right?
UT: No, ma'am. CP won't be back in the pharmacy until we reopen tomorrow. 
Pt: Okay. Will I be able to see CP in the morning when you open?
UT: CP never sees anyone in the pharmacy while CP is in the pharmacy. 
Pt: What did you just say? 
UT: I said that CP never sees anyone in the pharmacy while CP is in the pharmacy. 
Pt: Are you trying to make a fool of me? 
UT: No, ma'am. Those are my orders. You can ask when you see CP. 
Pt: That's what I'm trying to do! When can I see CP!?
UT: Never. 

<patient leaves>
UT: That's quite some catch, that Catch-22. 
CP: The best there is
 
#PharmacyPhun
#Catch22
#MajorMajor

No comments:

Post a Comment