Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, October 1, 2018

Some Assistance Required

A Facebook Experiment and Unrealistic Goals (wink, wink corporate America)

I need your help for a project. Next week will mark the anniversary of this page on Facebook. I am attempting a project in order to make a profound, yet definitely-to-be-ignored point. (I'll explain next week.)

For those who don't know, not all of my phollowers see all, or even any, of my posts every week. The only way to engage them all is for you to like and share and post as often as possible.

I currently have 129k phollowers on Facebook.
My goal is to increase that number by ~40% over the next week. This means I would like to have at least 180k phollowers at the end of the project.

What am I asking you do to help?
Here is what I need from everyone:
1. Share this post.
2. Share this with a friend who does not follow me and ask her/him to like my page.
3. Find two favourite posts from the past (because phuture posts aren't yet written) and share them both.
4. Tag your friends in every post you share and ask (beg, wheedle, cajole) them to like and follow The Cynical Pharmacist.
5. Write a recommendation for The Cynical Pharmacist.
6.. Do this every day for the next 10 days.

If my theory is correct, magic will happen and Pink Pharting Unicorns will sprinkle dust all over the world of pharmacy and it will be a happier place.

Remember, the important thing is to share 3 posts every day (the current one plus two older ones) and to beat your friends into submission with requests until they like me.

#ItsAllAboutThatBaseGroupOfFollowers
#AskAndYeShallReceive
#IGetByWithALittleHelpFromMyFriends

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ME: Okay, CP. What was with the plea last week to gain more followers? 
Myself: Yeah. Was it a crisis? A cry for help? An ego boost? 
CP: Nope. Those are all quite healthy. It was to prove a point. 
ME: What point?
CP: Mind Blowing Thought: If no one is meeting the goals you set, perhaps the goals are unrealistic. 
Let's examine my request. I asked everyone to share my post daily. 
I asked them to share prior posts they enjoyed. 
I asked them to tag friends and beg them to become followers. 
I asked them to write recommendations. 
I asked them to do it daily. 

What Happened?
My goal was too high?
Not everyone followed the directions? (Were they not clear? 

“If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame. But, if orders are clear and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their oficers.” Sun Tzu.)

People just didn't want to follow me?
Do they not like me?
Do they already like someone else?

Flu shot goals are unrealistic.
Tech scheduling goals are unrealistic.
The expectation that I could increase my followers by an arbitrary number of 40%, or 52,000 (when I average growing by ~300 per week) is insanely outrageous.
People with either love me or loathe me all on their own.
People will either get flu shots or they won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment