Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Every Time

You must learn from your mistakes. However, an education is like the "leading a horse to water" concept. You can GIVE someone an education, but you can't make it stick.

Every Month: I need a refill
CP: Do you have the number? (under breath "no, why would I have that?)
EM: No. Why would I have that?
CP: Optimistic me. What's the date of birth then?
EM: For me?
CP: Am I filling the refill for you?
EM: No. It's for my daughter.
CP: Then I shall require her date of birth. I fail to see how you think your DOB would have been helpful. Carry on.
EM: I don't know it. It's like a month with an "A" in it.
CP: Lovely. That narrows it down quite a bit. Thoughts on a particular day? Or year even?
EM: Don't know. Why are you being so difficult?
CP: Sorry, as the parental unit I had the slimmest hope you may actually know your own daughter's birthdate. Let's try this. On what date do you give her presents?
EM: Christmas?
CP: If she's lucky...Any other times?
EM: No. She's a foster child I've had for 5 years now and you people always do this to me.
CP: What's that, ma'am?
EM: Ask for her birthdate.
CP: Yes?
EM: Can't you find her any other way?
CP: Not with 100% accuracy. There happen to be a lot of Toulouse Lautrec's at the Moulin Rouge Pharmacy. We need to know the date of birth so we can pick the best one. Eenie-Meenie-Miney-Moe doesn't quite work anymore.
EM: Well I don't understand why this has to be so hard.
CP: Neither do I, ma'am. Neither do I. You say we do this to you every month?
EM: Yes.
CP: So you know, each time you call us, you will be asked for the date of birth of the person for whom we are filling, correct?
EM: Yes. But I fail to see...
CP: Yes. You fail to see that you are the problem. Either you are incapable of learning from past mistakes, you are incapable of preparing in advance for a phone conversation, or you just like to piss with the pharmacy staff because you're bored and have nothing else to do. Either way, unless you know something about your daughter and her refill, I cannot, at this time, prepare any prescriptions for pickup per your pestering.
EM: Would the number on the bottle help?
CP: <phone meets forehead>

No comments:

Post a Comment