Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, March 4, 2013

How Important is it?

Some people are quite tenacious when they want an answer other than the one you are giving. It may take a while, but I am not going to change my answer and you are still going to leave. Why are some people so argumentative?
GL: I would like to know if I can eat grapefruits with my medications.
CP: Ok. And what medications may they be?
GL: Lipitor and Norvasc.
CP: Well that would be no. You cannot eat grapefruit or drink its sweet, tart juices while taking either of those medications.
GL: Why not?
CP: <long consultation about the interaction takes place>
GL: Well what about if I take my pills at night instead?
CP: Again, <short reiteration of the interaction; emphasis on the "lasts around 4 days" part>, you cannot take this regimen and enjoy these juicy fruit.
GL: But what if I...
CP: Ma'am, no buts. You cannot take these together. Why are you so adamant about the grapefruit, may I ask?
GL: My son sent them to me from Florida.
CP: And that was a lovely gift. But you should share them, not eat them.
GL: But I want him to know I ate them.
CP: Maybe he's trying to kill you?
GL: I don't want them to go to waste.
CP: I like grapefruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment