Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Friday, April 26, 2024

But. . . How Are You Doing That?

CP: People have amazing talents. 
CPP: I know. I've seen the TikToks. But I'm guessing we're not discussing how we spend our toilet time. 
CP: No. I'm talking about people with talents they don't even know they possess. 
CPP: Pharmacy-related?
CP: Natch. 
CPP: What's today's talent?
CP: Mental Magic.
CPP: Let's hear it. 

CP: CPs Playhouse. How may I help you? 
Tragically Unprepared Refill Dude: I'm calling about my refills. 
CP: Ok. What about them? Do you want to know if you have refills? If they are ready to be picked up? To be filled? What "ABOUT" your refills are you inquiring?
ME: I really do hate calls that begin with "I'm calling about. . ." and there's a pause.
MICE ELF: Ditto.
TURD: I need to refill my prescriptions. 
CP: Do you have the numbers?
TURD: No. 
CP: Do you know what you need refilled?
TURD: I do have the names. <starts listing drug names>
CP: Quick question: Where are you getting the names?
TURD: Off the bottles. 
CP: The bottles?
TURD: Yes. 
CP: The bottles with the numbers?
TURD: Yes. But they are too small and I'd have to get a magnifying glass. 
CP: You called me, correct?
TURD: Yes. 
CP: To call in refills. 
TURD: Yes. 
CP: Which you decided to read off the bottle. 
TURD: Yes. 
CP: Ok. Just hoping your mental magic extended to thinking ahead before you called. Continue. 

CPP: At least he knew what he needed. 
CP: True. But don't tell me you don't have the numbers, then proceed to read phrom the bottle, the names. 
CPP: Most people will call that a win. 
CP: It's more like dropping points and getting a tie after giving up an own goal at the end of stoppage time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment