Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, December 6, 2021

Illusory

Irritating Seer Explaining Ephemera Now: I am here to pick up my subscription. 
CP: Prescription. We are doms, not subs.
ISEEN: Perscription. 
CP: PRE-scription. We come first. 
ISEEN: Is it here?
CP: No. 
ISEEN: But she sent it? 
CP: How do you know?
ISEEN: I seen it. 
CP: Saw it. 
ISEEN: Huh. 
CP: Like the old man with the hammer? 
ISEEN: Huh? 
CP: "I see", said the blind man to his deaf wife as he picked up his hammer and saw. 
ISEEN: Um. . . 
CP: Or Caesar? "Veni, Vidi, Vici"? We came, We saw, We conquered? 
ISEEN: I watched her send it. 
CP: Eyewitness testimony is unreliable. I cannot accept your account. It is biased with prejudice. 
ISEEN: I just want to know where it is!
CP: I watched a magician make something disappear. But did it? I may call him prestidigital, but I don't believe anything really disappeared. 
ISEEN: What did I watch? 
CP: The back of her computer while she was texting her girlfriends about meeting for drinks after work.
ISEEN: So is it here? 
CP: No.
ISEEN: This is such a pain. 
CP: In the immortal word of the great, mystical poet, MJK, "All this pain is an illusion."

No comments:

Post a Comment