Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Not On Me

Pick A Pharmacy That Executes Special Tasks: Did my doctor call in my prescription?
CP: Yes. It's ready to pick up. 
PAPTEST: Is it ready?
CP: Asked and answered. Next question. 
PAPTEST: Do you deliver?
CP: Alas, we do not. 
PAPTEST: Now how am I supposed to get my medication?
CP: <shrugs>  Not my problem. That's not up to me. 
PAPTEST: I really need it. 
CP: I don't doubt that. Needing it is not the issue here. What you really needED to do, was choose a pharmacy that offers the services you so desperately require. If you cannot pick up your prescriptions between 8-6 M-F, then skip the independent that is closed nights and weekends. You choose a restaurant based on what they DO offer, not what they don't. Besides, McDonald's doesn't tell you how to eat your food if you're NPO or can't chew and you just ordered a Filet-O-Fish and fries.
PAPTEST: I just live down the street. 
CP: That's not going to change my inability to deliver. 
PAPTEST: Can you walk it to the curb?
CP: I am by myself and cannot leave the pharmacy. How do you get other things? Groceries and other sundries?
PAPTEST: Someone picks them up for me. 
CP: So. . . ?
PAPTEST: I guess I'll call them. 

ME: But they've been here before. 
MICE ELF: And they know we have neither a drive-thru nor delivery on our menu of options. 
CP: Apparently we need to change how we operate our business for one put-out patient. 
ME: Yeah, like Chik-Fil-A will open on Sundays for me. 
MICE ELF: I do miss the days when most businesses were closed every holiday and Sundays. 
CP: Somehow we all managed to survive the cold, cruel world of the 70's. 
ME: Imagine if it had been the 40's and there was rationing with a war. 
MICE ELF: It's too difficult. 
CP: Now I'm hungry. 
ME: Door Dash us some Chik-Fil-A. 

#KnowTheRulesBeforeYouPlay 
#BecauseINeedItDoesNotMeanICanChangeMyAnswer 
#TheAnswerIsStillNo 
#WhyYourPharmacistHatesYou 

No comments:

Post a Comment