Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, September 7, 2023

It's Not Rocket Surgery

CPP: <aside> why are you using me as the setup person in this?
CP: <whispers> because I need a cold intro since no one else has heard of this. 
CPP: you're saying we are old?
CP: -er, old-er. 
CPP: Phine. What is the best migraine relief medication you have used that you can't get anymore?
CP: Wow. That's really out of left field. Let me think. Sprix. 
CPP: That was a good one. Why did you have me ask you about it?
CP: It's gone rogue, off the grid, escaped the tethers of reality. 
CPP: Do tell. 
CP: We were able to order it, briefly, over a decade ago. Then it became a special order from the manufacturer. 
CPP: And now?
CP: Now the prescriber has to order it online through the company. 
CPP: And the story phor today involves this, somehow?
CP: It does. 

UT: What the hell is this?
CP: Sprix! I haven't seen a prescription for this since Moby Dick was a minnow. 
UT: You're old. 
CP: Only in pharmacy years. I didn't think you could find this anymore. 
UT: You can't. I checked all suppliers. 
CP: Let's ask da google. hmmm, curious. 
UT: What have you found?
CP: It is only available online, through the manufacturer. I''ll call the office and let them know. 
Little Office Lady: What is your question?
CP: The doctor prescribed Sprix nasal spray. If they want the patient to have this, they have to go online and have the prescription sent to the company. 
LOL: Ok. Well I'll send them a message and see what he wants to do and call you back. 
CP: No. No "see". They have no other option. If he wants the patient to have it, they send it online. You don't need to involve me in this matter any further. I shall even ring the patient myself and provide them the same information. You two can hash it out between yourselves. 
LOL: Okay. Someone will get back to you. 
CP: I often wonder if we speak the same language. 
UT: People would be so much better if they weren't so people-y. 


#IfYouDontKnowHowToPrescribeItPerhapsYouShouldnt

No comments:

Post a Comment