Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The White One

CP: CP's Palace O' Peril. How may you frustrate me today?
The White One Doesn't Understand Me: I put my medications in my pill box and I have two white ones that I found left over and I don't know what they are. 
CP: Okay. Let me pull up your profile. 
TWO DUM: I'm not sure if I got them from you or another pharmacy but I don't want to take anything I don't know what it is. 
CP: If you're putting them in your medication box, aren't you supposed to be taking them? 
TWO DUM: Well I found them. 
CP: Phine. Do you have the bottles from this endeavour? 
TWO DUM: No. I put them in the box then threw them away. 
CP: Smart. Ok. Well, I pulled up your profile and we have never philled anything phor you. 
TWO DUM: Well I really need to know what these are. Can't you help me?
CP: I can. If I had your profile I could narrow down the possibilities. What are the markings on the tablets?
TWO DUM: One has a line and a "K" on one side; the other has no markings at all. 
CP: The one with no markings is an OTC product, usually a vitamin or antihistamine. 
TWO DUM: So what are they?
CP: I can't tell you what the no-marking tablet is. And the other came back with over 30 results. What medications do you take?
TWO DUM: Loratadine and a bunch more. 
CP: Then the plain white one is Loratadine. 
TWO DUM: What is the other one?
CP: I don't know. I need more information. Tell me what you take. 
TWO DUM: Can't you just list them?
CP: Ma'am, there are over 30 results that are white tablets with a "k" on one side. I am not going to list them all. What do you take? 
TWO DUM: <lists 7 medications, all capsules and coloured tablets> Why can't you help me?
CP: How many white medications do you take? 
TWO DUM: I only take 2 white tablets. 
CP: Here's a riddle phor you: I have two coins in my pocket, the sum of which is $0.30. One of the coins is NOT a quarter. What are the two coins? 
TWO DUM: I don't get it. 
CP: Once you do, then you'll be able to identify the medications all by yourself. Adieu. 

*she gave me A number on the back but wasn't sure it was correct. So I did try to narrow the options a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment