Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

You Sound Like An Ass

CP: How may I help you?
AB: I am here to pick up my prescription.
CP: Name?
AB: Ass Baggins.
CP: Spelled?
AB: Just like it sounds.
CP: Don't say "just like it sounds" when I ask how to spell it.
Perhaps I misheard it?
Perhaps I am hard of hearing?
Perhaps you didn't enunciate or articulate it clearly?
Mayhap you mumbled?
But saying "just like it sounds" is demeaning to my staff. We need to type what your name IS not what we heard.
Sure, once you spell it and I can see the letters together in my brain it may sound like it looks, but then again, dough, cough, and plough don't rhyme, nor are they spelled as they sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment