Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Ouch. My Head

CP: Welcome to CP's Pill Palace. I shall be with you forthwith.
Doesn't Understand My Business: Thank you.
CP: (sees paper Rx in her hand as she approacheth pick up) And are you dropping off today?
DUMB: "No. I need to get it filled. She needs it tonight."
CP: (rolls eyes under lids, inhales slowly and deeply) Um. . .
DUMB: She's in the car.
CP: (exhales, pinches bridge of nose) Um. . . I have to ask. What do you think "drop off" means? This response of "No. I need to get if filled" is a veritable non sequitur. It does not follow. When you take your kids to school in the morning and enter the "drop off" lane, do you not expect to get them back later? Do you tell the crossing guard "I need them back tonight. They have to go to bed"?
DUMB: Well, no.
CP: In order to have a prescription filled, you must drop it off to me. You must first place the order for the pizza before picking it up.
DUMB: But I need it.
CP: And I need Excedrin but I'm going to have to wait for it. Like you. For this prescription. It is not in my interest to take prescriptions from patients only to not give them back to you. That would be a donation, as when you "drop off" to Goodwill or the local food bank. I'm like a wizard. I take something in one form and transform it into something else. But magic takes time. So you shall have to wait for it.
DUMB: How long?
CP: Hopefully not so long that you "drop off" in the waiting area.


#ThingsThatMakeMyHeadHurt
#HowToGiveYourPharmacistAMigraine


No comments:

Post a Comment