Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, January 28, 2019

More "Makes My Head Hurt" Conversations. . .

I used to shake my head in disbelief, but that apparently broke my neck. Now I just nod like a collection of bobbleheads in an earthquake.

Why? Why do people do this?

CP: How may I help you?
Highly Usual Human: I have a question.
CP: I tremble with anticipation.
HUH: "I am taking this medication (insert any name here) , are you familiar with it? Do you know what it is? Have you heard of it?"
CP: Hmmm. Nope. You say it's a medication? A prescription?
HUH: Yes.
CP: Phunny. (turns around and motions at the shelves) We have a lot of drugs here.
HUH: Um.
CP: You would think that in order to be able to dispense them all, someone would mandate that there be a person placed in charge with at least a passing knowledge of the inventory behind her.
HUH: Um.
CP: Yes. I understand your comment was semi-rhetorical and exited your mouth like gas from a baby. However, it's like taking your new vehicle to an auto body shop to get the oil changed and when they ask what type of car it is, you saying "a Ford F-150, ever heard of it?".

No comments:

Post a Comment