Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Can't Catch Up

CPP: <sarcastically> Anything exciting happen this week?
CP: <sarcastically> When doesn't anything exciting happen?
CPP: Care to share?
CP: I present you the following, compiled from two, eerily similar interactions. 
CPP: Terrifying!

CP: Welcome to Vials and Victuals. Pills or fills, today?
Most Always Exact Verbatim Exchanges: Um, I'm here to pick up my refill. 
CP: I love your confidence. Name?
MAEVE: Maeve. 
CP: I see you called in a refill, but it was too soon so I couldn't fill it. We last filled this 30 days supply for you only 14 days ago. 
MAEVE: "So even though I waited more than 30 days last time, I can't fill this early?"
CP: No. Nope. Not how it works. 
MAEVE: But why?
CP: Maths. You can't make up for something you missed. If you forgot to eat breakfast yesterday, you can't make up for it by having second breakfast today. 
CPP: Elevenses!
MAEVE: I don't understand. 
CP: I. . . 
CPP: Allow me. <ahem> In the immortal words of CP: "I can explain it to you; I can't understand it for you". 
CP: Thanks. Now can you help me out with this one?
CPP: Sure. 

CP: Next!
Another Arithmetic Remeberer Of Nothing: What about mine, then?
CP: Sorry?
AARON: I called in my refill as well and you just said it was too soon. 
CP: Ok. Let's check for . . . 
AARON: "I'm behind on taking my medications so can't you just fill two months for me this time?"
CP: Again. Not how this works. 
AARON: But I didn't fill it last month, or the month before. I want those fills too. 
CP: <shhhh> You can't make up for lost sleep any more than you can make up for not filling on time, A-A-Ron. If you missed the sale at Penney's last week, you can't save on those items this week. Just because I wasn't driving when gas was $0.79/gal doesn't mean I can go back and take advantage of that deal now. And Aaron, how are you going to play catch up? 
AARON: But they're my refills. 
CP: You can pay cash for them, but the part of the deal where your insurance pays for their part has expired. 
AARON: I don't understand. 
CP: Again, maths. CPP?
CPP: I can explain it to you. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment