Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Blood Pressure Two-Pher

CP: Picking up today?
HBP Lady: No. I just have a question. 
CP: Go phor it. 
HBPL: What can I take for sinuses? Another pharmacist sold me Advil Cold and Sinus and I'm not any better. 
CP: Sinuses are a physical cavity in your skull; we all have them. What are your symptoms you wish to alleviate?
HBPL: They're stuffy and congested. 
CP: What medications do you take? Rx-wise. 
HBPL: I take medications for my HBP. 
CP: Perfect. Well Advil Cold and Sinus should be a no-no. Plus I dislike combo products like that since most people have ibuprofen or acetaminophen at home. 
HBPL: Why is Advil Cold and Sinus a no-no?
CP: The sudafed in it can increase your BP. 
HBPL: But I don't have it any more. It's under control. 
CP: Because you take medications to keep it that way. Outside phorces can act upon it to elevate it. My cruise control in my car keeps a set speed until I punch the gas to pass someone. Sudafed is a punch to the gas on your blood pressure. 

CP: You're past due for a refill on your HBP medications. 
HBPL2: I know. 
CP: Okay. Do you want me to get them ready phor you?
HBPL2: I guess. My BP was really under control for a long time so I stopped taking my medication. 
CP: Your medication which was keeping your BP under control?
HBPL2: Yes. 
CP: It was under control because you took the medication. It doesn't cure you of HBP. You still have the condition but it may not show up on BP readings. 
HBPL2: Oh. Yeah. I get that now. 
CP: My electricity works as long as I pay the bill. My car runs until I stop putting gas in it. They're both "under control" until they're not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment