Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, February 28, 2022

Seeing Is Not Believing

<patient approacheth drop off window>
CP: Greetings. Are you dropping off today? 
Another Customer Exhibiting One's Failure Bout Appreciating Simple Signs: No. Picking up. 
CP: <looks up> Clearly. I shall help you down there. <points to pickup>
ACE OF BASS: Yeah. I saw the sign. 
CP: <looks up at Drop Off sign under which patient now stands> Did you though? Did it open up your eyes? When you saw the sign?
ACE OF BASS: Yes. I saw it. 
CP: But did you comprehend it? Life is demanding without understanding. 
ACE OF BASS: I saw the sign.
CP: No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong, but where do you belong?
ACE OF BASS: At pickup?
CP: Precisely. 
 
UT: How do you know so many song lyrics? 
CP: It's a gift. 
UT: Seriously though. Everything I say or patients say at work somehow leads you to a song lyric right off the top of your head. 
CP: I think in movie quotes and song lyrics. 
UT: No one is going to believe you had this conversation with someone and knew these lyrics. 
CP: That's why you're here; my witness. 
UT: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station.
CP: Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment