Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

CP: Will you call my ex for me? 
CPP: Why? 
CP: I think I left something there. 
CPP: What? 
CP: No clue. I keep getting phone calls and texts but I don't answer them. I don't listen to the messages and I certainly don't read the texts. 
CPP: Bad breakup? 
CP: Not really. 
CPP: Then why can't you call?
CP: I don't wanna. You do it. 
CPP: Am I the friend you got in the breakup? 
CP: Yes. 
CPP: Okay. I gotta ask. Where are we going with this? 
CP: We're going to break up if you continue with the attitude is where we're going. 
CPP: Seriously. 
CP: Phine. I had a patient last month. Asked us to transfer her whole profile from one of the Giant Deuce. I did. 
CPP: Okay. And now?
CP: Well, I transferred the whole profile. I'm not only the new partner apparently, but also the remaining friend from the breakup. 
CPP: Always a bridesmaid. . . 
CP: And she came in and asked if I would call her ex-pharmacy because she is still getting phone calls and texts from them. Not only am I supposed to find out WHY she is getting these messages (couldn't be bothered to listen to the voicemail or read the texts), I'm supposed to make them stop. 
CPP: So you get the rest of her profile, anything that may be new, and problem solved, right?
CP: Except they had no new medications. Nothing they hadn't transferred. Their system still attempts to send refill requests and auto-fill things. 
CPP: Even after some patients have died. 
CP: I told her breaking up is hard to do and did my part as her new BFF to cut the cord but I think the Giant Deuce won't let her go that easy. 
CPP: It would be easier to find a new doctor, change phone numbers, and make a new identity than to evade the clutches of the Giant Deuce without a restraining order. 
CP: Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. 
CPP: And apparently she's thinking I owe her a favour. 
CP: Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. 
CPP: That's it. I'm breaking up with you.
CP: Can you transfer my meds first?

No comments:

Post a Comment