Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

We're All Busy

If you don't want to argue with me, then don't argue. Prefacing your argument with "I don't want to argue" does not absolve you of the penalty for arguing. In this case, instead of arguing, you could learn a thing or two if you would just listen, then process what I'm saying, then acknowledge that you understand. Of course you could argue, but that will end poorly . . . for you.

I Don't Want To Argue But Here I Am Arguing: I would like to have this filled.
CP: I would like to fill this for you. 
IDWTABHIAA: We usually use another of your phine establishments. 
CP: I see that. I also see that this is too soon to fill by 3 days. 
IDWTABHIAA: Why is that? 
CP: We fill all control medications exactly one day early here. Since it was filled last 26 days ago, it is 4 days too soon. As we fill everything 1 day early, you have 3 more days. 
IDWTABHIAA: It's just for Ritalin. 
CP: You should read my post about the word "just" from last week. Anyway, it's just too soon. 
IDWTABHIAA: <Taps finger on prescription> But the doctor wrote the date on there. 
CP: Yes. She wrote "A" date on there. It's called the <taps finger on prescription> "earliest fill date" which means that is the earliest date on which I CAN fill it. It's like a Speed Limit sign. You can drive UP TO the posted speed, but over that is bad. I can fill it any day ON OR AFTER the date written, but before that is bad. And, like a speed limit sign, it's more of a suggestion. 
IDWTABHIAA: So you're refusing to fill it even with that date on there? 
CP: Pretty much. Yeah. 
IDWTABHIAA: Why? 
CP: I already told you. We fill all controls exactly one day early (there are always exceptions) and this is 4 days early. The date she wrote on the prescription is irrelevant. This prescription was written a couple months ago. Since you did not fill the other prescriptions in a timely manner, the due date of this one has become delayed. 
IDWTABHIAA: Your job is to fill it with that date on there. 
CP: No. The date is immaterial. Your doctor can write anything she wants on the prescription. It is not a direct order from Jean-Luc Picard, "Make it so", that I have to obey. There are laws and governing bodies to which I owe my allegiance. 
IDWTABHIAA: Now I have to make two trips. 
CP: Actually, you only have to make 1 more. 
IDWTABHIAA: I barely have time to make even one trip. 
CP: Yeah. We're all busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment