Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Special Trip

CP: What do you pack phor a special trip?
CPP: I suppose that depends on the definition of "special".
CP: I suppose it does. Does a trip to the pharmacy qualify as "special"?
CPP: No. I'm thinking of ones where you pack a little suitcase for a weekend away or where you get all gussied up. Why?
CP: The number of people who complain about "not wanting to make a special trip" to the pharmacy. 
CPP: Ah. Let's hear it. 

Lady At Pickup Is Sulking: Picking up. 
CP: Joy. Name?
LAPIS: Lazuli. 
CP: Ah. That is arriving in our order today. 
LAPIS: I know. 
CP: Uh-huh. Says we called you yesterday and told you it'd be here after 13:13. 
LAPIS: Uh-huh. 
CP: Yet here you are at 9:03am. It's mathematically and physically not here yet.
LAPIS: "Well I'm not making a special trip for it."
CP: Well you don't have to get all dressed up to come back. The Walmart pajama attirewill be just as fine when you return as it is now. Nothing special about it. In fact, had you checked a clock before you left, you really needn't've made this trip in the first place. I'd call this the special trip, honestly. 
LAPIS: Harrumph. 

CPP: She actually "harrumphed"?
CP: She did. 
CPP: I'm guessing there's another story?
CP: Same store; same day. 

Please Allow Ninety Days Always: Picking up. 
CP: It appears I have 5 medications ready phor you. 
PANDA: I should have more. 
CP: I see a couple that are in my queue for 97 minutes phrom now. I've not yet gotten to them as it's still <checks watch> 97 minutes away. 
PANDA: Are they all for 90 days?
CP: Some are. Others are not. 
PANDA: "We live over an hour away and I don't like making special trips here."
CP: With an hour drive to visit your pharmacy, I find it difficult to believe that EACH trip here isn't special. In the phuture, I'd check my watch to verify the promise time and, maybe, just maybe, call ahead to make sure everything is filled today. I see some things phor you aren't due until 1, 3, 6, and 9 days phrom now. You could really cut down on these special trips. 
PANDA: But we like coming here. 
CP: Then make sure your provider writes for 90 days at a time since he didn't do that on the last round. While I appreciate you visiting us, you can't tell me you love me on in one breath while complaining about the inconvenience in the next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment