Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Thanks, Dad

CP: Have you ever noticed the similarities between corporate and a really awful parent?
ME: The beatings will continue until morale improves?
MICE ELF: KMFDM, nice touch. 
CP: Yes, but I was also thinking more mental. 
MICE ELF: Mind games?
CP: More along the "you'll never be good enough" line. 
ME: Someone you keep trying to impress but who never loves you back?
MICE ELF: "Here daddy, I made you this drawing" only to be told it looks like a 3-year old drew it. . . then telling him you are 3 years old?
CP: That, but also grades. No matter what you bring home, he will never be impressed or happy. 
 
Child: Dad! Look! I got a B! And I thought I failed. 
DAD: Mmm. Why not an "A"?
Child: <next test> Dad! I did it! I got a 94% A!
DAD: Hmm. That's all? Why not a 100%?

CP: No matter what we do, it will never be good enough. 
ME: I gave 27 flu shots today!
MICE ELF: Why not 30?
ME: I diagnosed a woman over the phone as actively having a heart attack and saved her life. She couldn't stop thanking me (true story). 
MICE ELF: Harumph. But did you give her the PP-FLUSH. . . Prevnar/Pneumovax-Plus FLU-Shingrix triple?
CP: Difficult to do over the phone. . . 
MICE ELF: You should try harder. 
CP: Yep. Never enough. 
ME: You're so right. It's all about "why didn't you do better?".
MICE ELF: Or "what have you done for me lately to make me money?". 
CP: Yeah. We don't get paid to save lives or prevent deaths. Those don't impact the bottom line. 
ME: Must be why filling prescriptions is a distant 2nd right now to COVID tests and shoTS! shOTS! SHOTS!
MICE ELF: SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!
CP: And you'll give 31 today yet be asked "why not 35? or 42?".
ME: Not even an "atta girl!" or "good job".
MICE ELF: Criticising and putting down those beneath you, it's on the test to become a corporate stooge.
CP: Like I said, Never enough. . .
All the shine of a thousand spotlights
All the stars we steal from the night sky
Will never be enough.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment