Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Fun at Work...

I believe in asking the question you want answered and answering the question that was asked. An exercise I like to use with my staff is the time.

CP: Tech, do you know what time it is?
Tech: It's 10:30.
CP: Wrong.
Tech: What? How is that wrong? I am quite certain the time is 10:30.
CP: The correct answer is either yes or no. I only asked if you knew the time. I am not actually interested in knowing it myself.

I use this to point out the customer interactions we have daily.
From now on, I am going to answer the question that was asked. And just for fun, it may not always be 100% correct...

Most Customers: Is my prescription ready?
CP: Yes. Yes it is.
MC: Ok. Thanks.

or...

MC: Did my doctor call anything in for me yet?
CP: Yep.
MC: Ok. Thanks.

or...

MC: Is it time for my refill yet?
CP: Nope.
MC: Ok. Thanks.

MC: Can I ask you a question?
CP: Answer A: Let's see...started with a question word, "can" and finished with a question mark, so I would have to say the answer to your question is "Yes. Yes you CAN ask a question." Next person please!

Answer B: You just did. Thanks for playing.

If you ask me a yes or no question, expect that answer. It should not be expected, however, that I will answer your question with a question to get to the question you really wanted to ask. If you want to know if a prescription is ready for a Smith, John then ask that. If you wish for the correct answer, ask the correct question.

No comments:

Post a Comment