Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Where is it?

Two roads diverged in a wood and my, my script took the one less traveled...
By nature, I just have to know. I was the kid that observed and studied everything around me to figure out how it all works. I am still possessed of the need to know. I will always find the answer but I wish it were not so difficult some times.
Two family members were seen in the same office at the same time for the same reason.
Two family members arrived at my pharmacy looking for their e-scripts.
One e-script was in my queue.
One was not.
It was noon. Doctor was at lunch.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Patient returns just before 5pm.
I call the office to request a verbal order. And, as inquiring minds are wont to do, to ask what happened to the other e-script.
Nurse: It says it was sent.
CP: When?
Nurse: Same time as the other one.
CP: Funny.
Nurse: I get this all the time where the system says it was sent but the pharmacy calls and didn't receive it.
CP: Funny.
Nurse: What's that?
CP: It says "refill too soon. filled today". Can you tell me WHERE it was confirmed as sent?
Nurse: Oh. Somewhere else...
CP: Please walk back there and slap your doctor for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment