Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Ask, And Ye Shall Receive ...

... exactly what you requested.
It's like the story of the djinn being really literal when granting wishes.
 -Wisher: I wish to be rich.
 -Djinn: Done. Your name is now "Rich".

CP: How may I help you today?
Sweet Little Old Woman: I need my sugar pills refilled.
CP: Which ones?
SLOW: My sugar pills.
CP: Thanks for the clarification. I'll be right back with them. Wait here.
<walks over to OTC shelf>
SLOW: What's this?
CP: Your sugar pills. Good Day!




SLOW: Well can you give me my husband's medication?
CP: I can give it a go. What's he need?
SLOW: His high blood pressure medication.
CP: Does he have a prescription for it?
SLOW: <bewildered look on face> He needs a prescription for it?
CP: Yes. All blood pressure medications require a prescription.
SLOW: Our last pharmacy did not.
CP: Perhaps you should call him to verify what he needs.
SLOW: <steps back from counter, makes call, back and forth yelling ensues, storms to shelf then turns her ire on me> You're an idiot!
CP: Thanks.
SLOW: <brandishing a box of Coricidin HBP like an argument-winning hand grenade> It's right here on your shelf. You don't need a prescription for it.
CP: Well it's an OTC cold product so there's that. It says "HBP" so gullible people will purchase a worthless product simply by following a marketing gimmick. It keeps you from asking a pharmacist any questions. But I'd guess discussions with you are a rather one-way highway.
SLOW: But it says High Blood Pressure right here!
CP: Right. Not to treat HBP, but to treat sinus symptoms without raising your HBP.
SLOW: It's for his HBP. It says so right here!
CP: Okay. Good luck with that. Want me to ring that out with your sugar pills?

I sometimes wish to go back to school and major in Sociology. I wouldn't even need to do field research. My pharmacy experiences would suffice as a study in human behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment