Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

An Insurance Paradox

Herr S: I wish to obtain my prescription.
CP: Certainly. You may pay the cash price or you may present us with insurance.
HS: I have insurance.
CP: Wunderbar! Please present it.
HS: You have it on file.
CP: I do not.
HS: You most certainly do. I come here all the time.
CP: I do not care where you come, only where you purchase prescriptions.
HS: I come here for prescriptions.
CP: We only accept cash or insurance, not come.
HS: There's something wrong with you.
CP: Yes, but you keep coming back...
HS: Anyway my insurance is, has been, and always will be, on file.
CP: Right. Unless it changes.
HS: Nothing has changed.
CP: Are you sure?
HS: Absolutely.
CP: Care to wager on it?
HS: Well maybe the group number changed.
CP: Maybe?
HS: Yes. Maybe. A little.
CP: Is it "yes" or "maybe"? It can't be both. You can't be "a little pregnant" or "maybe dead".
HS: Try this.  <presents card info>
CP: Wow. That worked.
HS: I preferred knowing and not knowing.
CP: Is that like going and not going?
HS: Something like that.
CP: Have a lovely day, Mr. Schrodinger. Come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment