Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Somebody Once Told Me

CP: Thank you phor calling CP's Chronic Plaints. How may you ruin my day phor me? 
A Little Lady Still Talking About Rejects: I want to know if my doctor called in my prescription. 
CP: They did. I was just about to call you, in fact. 
ALLSTAR: To let me know it was ready?
CP: No. To tell you it's not covered on your insurance; they require a prior authorisation. 
ALLSTAR: Okay. But I have insurance. 
CP: Uh-huh. Stay with me now. You're falling a little behind. You have insurance but this insurance does not cover this medication. 
ALLSTAR: "Somebody told me if you run it through and it rejects 3 times, they have to pay for it if you run it a 4th time". 
CP: Uh-huh. All my life has been a lie. I usually stop at two times. All these years wasted on prior auths when all I had to do was to continue submitting the prescription until it was covered. Oh me. 
ALLSTAR: "Well my friend's insurance covers it". 
CP: Uh-huh. I'm going to assume she works elsewhere?
ALLSTAR: Yes. 
CP: Well I have two suggestions phor you: you can either call your office and ask them to complete the prior auth, which may bring a large copay with it, or, and this is probably the fastest option, you could get hired by your phriend's employer, join their insurance, and know they will cover this medication once benefits kick in in 90 days or so. But that's a long way to go for Mounjaro, Ozempic, or Zepbound. 

#TrueStoriesWithCP 

No comments:

Post a Comment