Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, January 11, 2024

I Forgot. Remember?

CP: Thank you phor calling CP's Choice Pessaries. How may I help you?
Does One Remember Yet: I couldn't find my bottle to give you the refill number. 
CP: No worries. I can find it through your profile. Which medication?
DORY: The water pill, I think.
CP: Your "I-just-wanna-die-inside"?
DORY: Yes. That's it. 
CP: I see here we filled a 90 days supply 45 days ago. 
DORY: Are you sure?
CP: More certain than you.
DORY: You're sure I picked it up?
CP: I have the fill date, your signature at the timestamp of pickup, and video of you scrawling that signature across my tablet so yeah, I'm sure. 
DORY: Well I can't remember back that far so I'll have to take your word for it. 
CP: You couldn't phind the bottle and, despite me having all evidence of you being in my store and retrieving said prescription, you're going to go with "I'll have to take your word phor it"? 

UT: I miss when people trusted us. 
CP: This is why people question everything. News agencies put an expert next to a person with an opinion but no expertise up against each other in a "debate" and people say "yeah, that guy makes more sense than the expert who has studied this phor 35 years". Let's go listen to the conspiracy theorist who lives in his mom's basement. 
UT: <cough cough> Aaron Rodgers. I really miss when people would reply with "okay" and "thank you" instead of making everything an argument. What do I hope to gain by lying to you? This little tete-a-tete has already wasted our time and brain cells more than it should. 
CP: "Trust me, I'm a Doctor" has never felt so empty. 
UT: You don't even have to stay at a Holiday Inn Express. 

No comments:

Post a Comment