Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

How About NO!?

Pt: Do you cut those?
CP: I don't take them so no, I don't cut them. 
PT: They said you would. 
CP: My favourite pronouns. Who are "they"?
PT: The nurses at Dr. Zoffis. 
CP: Of course. Well they don't work here so they cannot speak to what I do or do not do. However, upon your return to the office, please tell them you are going to walk straight back to the room without checking in, see the doctor, and leave without a copay because "they" said so - when they ask who "they" happen to be, please tell them the pharmacy staff. 
UT: At least they are good patients about it; now it's a running joke between us. 
CP: True. 

PT: This is Dingus, father of Mingus, son of Wingus, Destroyer of Good Days, Waster of Time. 
CP: Oh, joy. Thanks, Colin Robinson. How may I help you?
PT: My son. 
CP: Mingus. 
PT: Can you tell me what he needs?
CP: No. 
PT: What do you mean by no?
CP: Is he out of anything?
PT: I don't know. 
CP: Almost out of anything?
PT: Not sure. 
CP: Well, the general rule of "needing something" is that you are out of it and need to either get it to start on it, or you are out of it and need to replenish it. Do you call the grocery store to ask if you need milk? or eggs? or cat litter? 
PT: No. 
CP: Now you got the hang of it. You DO know the definition of "no". And that would be silly, huh?
PT: What would?
CP: To call a business to ask THEM if you NEED THEM to fill something for you. 
PT: Right. 
CP: Then, as I stated earlier, no. No, I cannot tell you what he needs. 
PT: So you refuse to help me. 
CP: It is not a refusal. You have established that you and he are beyond my help. Maybe put your heads together, along with his bottles, and you may be able to determine the answer to your quest. It's not a true quest without some hardship along the way and this, this is your hardship for I shall not allow it to be mine. Fare thee well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment