Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

No. No It Is Not

People will believe what they want to believe no matter the evidence in front of them or what learned professionals may tell them.
[The Earth is round. (Why is this even a thing?)]

CP: How may I help you today? 
Ordinary Citizen Raging And Pestering: I have a question about this product. 
CP: Go for it. I shall have an answer for you. 
OCRAP: Is this the same as Rexall? 
CP: Say again? 
OCRAP: Is this the same as Rexall? 
CP: Rexall? 
OCRAP: Yes. 
CP: Rexall is a pharmacy. Not a product. 
OCRAP: Well my wife has a bottle of Rexall and wants this to replace it. 
CP: Rexall is a pharmacy. It's also a line of products. They make all kinds of items. 
OCRAP: So is this the same thing as Rexall? 
CP: As Rexall what? That's like going to CVS and asking simply for "Equate".
OCRAP: I don't know. She has a bottle that says "Rexall" on it. I just want to know is this the same thing?
CP: Okay. Sorry for my less-than-valiant attempt at answering your question. Please allow me one last go. Hold the bottle closer to me. Closer ... Closer ... Right there. <I touch the bottle> Now, close your eyes. Listen to the mellifluous tone of my voice speaking these words. Picture the bottle your wife has. Focus on it. Are you focusing?
OCRAP: Yes.
CP: Where is it?
OCRAP: On her dresser.
CP: Focus harder. Concentrate. See only the bottle. Wait. I got it. I see it.
OCRAP: You do?
CP: Yes. This is most definitely the same thing as Rexall.
OCRAP: How'd you do that?
CP: Part of my skill set as a pharmacist.
OCRAP: You are amazing!
CP: I know.
OCRAP: Thank you so much.
CP: No worries. It's what I do. Before you go?
OCRAP: Yes?
CP: She needs a refill on her KY too. Your vision was unfocused at the beginning and I saw it there too.
OCRAP: She's not supposed to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment