Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Friday, April 7, 2017

Are We Speaking The Same Language?

CP: Good Day Madam I'm Adam.
What The What: You're a palindrome? 
CP: Something like that. 
WTW: Why are you calling me? 
CP: We processed your refill and the insurance will not pay for it. 
WTW: I called my insurance last week and they told me they do pay for it. 
CP: As of today, they do not. 
WTW: Yes they do. 
CP: It needs a prior authorization. 
WTW: No it doesn't. I called them. 
CP: They may pay for it AFTER the prescriber submits the prior auth. 
WTW: No. I called them and they told me it's covered. You must be doing something wrong. 
CP: Of course. I shall bear the blame for this. If I could take on any more burden I'll need 80's shoulder pads under my clothes. Here's how the "you must be doing something wrong" part of your argument crumbles: I enter your insurance information. I enter your prescription information. I hit "enter" on my keyboard. I wait. Your insurance responds with "paid" or "denied". The only thing I could be "doing wrong" is hitting "enter" incorrectly. Unless...
WTW: Unless what? 
CP: Nah. It couldn't be that. 
WTW: Be what? 
CP: The only thing that could be wrong would be if you provided me with incorrect information. But that wouldn't happen, would it? 
WTW: No! I called my insurance before I brought you that prescription. 
CP: Okay. Just for phun, I have to ask. Whom? 
WTW: What? 
CP: Whom did you call? 
WTW: My new insurance. 
CP: What new insurance? 
WTW: The one that starts the first of next month. 
CP: You do realise this is March, right? 
WTW: Yes. 
CP: And that April is still 2 weeks away? 
WTW: Yes. 
CP: And the new insurance starts in April...in 2 weeks...which is not today? 
WTW: Yes. 
CP: So when I explained to you it wasn't working and you told me I must be "doing something wrong", you know now that it was YOU "doing something wrong"? I cannot process prescriptions for phuture dates if the insurance is not in effect. 
WTW: Oh. I didn't think about that. 
CP: Obviously. See you next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment