Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Why Do Patients Have No Patience?

Why is everyone in such a hurry these days?
I understand lines at Disney World. You are going to get to ride Small World after a 75 minute wait! Hooray! You can wait two hours in a line for the world's longest, tallest roller coaster; a ride that lasts about 90 seconds. You cannot, however, wait for me to take your prescription from you at the drop off window?

Harried Harry: Hi.
CP: Aloha.
HH: I'm just going to leave this right here.
CP: No you're not. We will be right with you.
HH: But I'm just dropping off.
CP: And that's not how this works.
HH: I'm just going to leave this here.
CP: If this were the bank and that were your check, would you just leave it on the counter? Wait until someone comes to wait on you.
HH: I'm just going to leave this here.
CP: You keep saying that as if you have some Jedi powers. That may work on my techs, but it doesn't work on me. You can wait. In fact, I would have waited on you myself by now, but it's the whole principle of the thing. Besides, as you can clearly see, I have this phone attached to my head, as does everyone else here. So again, I remind you, don't move.
HH: But...
CP: SIT! Good dog. Stay! Who's a good boy? Now politely answer all of Uber-Tech's questions, give her the information we require to fill your prescription, and you can be on your merry way.
HH: Okay.
CP: I am your Master now....

No comments:

Post a Comment