Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

More Phun With Dick And Jane

Jane is a pharmacist.
Dick is a patient. 

Jane: Hello. May I help you? 
Dick: Yes. I am here to <phone rings> pick up my prescription. 
Jane: And the name? 
Dick: <phone rings> Dick. 
Jane: Okay. Let me find that. 
Dick: <answers phone, loudly> "sorry, yeah, just picking up my prescription at the pharmacy. yeah, sorry, hold on, the pharmacy lady is back." 
Jane: I have a few things to review with you about your new medication. 
Dick: <yeah, sorry, hang on> Which one? 
Jane: Valtrex. 
Dick: What's it for? 
Jane: The Herp. 
Dick: Can't you see I'm on the phone? That's private. 
Jane: You know that just because the phone rings, it does not mean you need to answer it, right? You revoked HIPAA when you invited a third party into the conversation. 

#DontBeADick

-----

Jane is a pharmacist. 
Dick is a patient. 

Dick: Hello? 
Jane: This is CP Jane calling from your pharmacy. 
Dick: Okay. What do you need? 
Jane: I am calling to see if you are going to pick up your medication that has been here for 10 days.
Dick: I. AM. AT. A. FUNERAL! You picked a fine time to bother me. Have you no shame? 
Jane: Sorry, my store phone didn't come with the missile guidance system that allows me to target everyone's location. Seriously though. Who takes a phone to a phuneral? Better yet, who ANSWERS a phone at a phuneral? You do realise that just because it rings, does not require you to answer it. 

#DontBeADick

-----

Jane is a pharmacist. 
Dick is a patient. 

Jane: I have 3 prescriptions for you. 
Dick: Okay. <answers phone in car via bluetooth>
Jane: Your total is $5.29. 
Voice In Car Talking Over Radio Is Annoying: What do you want on your pizza?
Dick: <hands over card> Here you go. 
Jane: I like green olives and bacon. 
VICTORIA: Who was that?
Dick: The pharmacist. 
Jane: I like pizza. 
Dick; She was talking to me. 
Jane: I wasn't sure. Since you felt the need to answer while we engaged in a personal transaction, I thought this was a conference call. Maybe you'll drop me a slice. 
Dick: No. 
Jane: Okay. Well with your new cholesterol medication, you need to cut down on the bacon and meats and cheeses. Perhaps a sardine and avocado pizza would befit your diagnosis. 
Dick: Don't talk about my medication while I'm on the phone. 
Jane: Unlike you, I have an obligation to discuss this. In fact, I am required to discuss it with you. Next time the phone rings, consider not answering it. Texting would have avoided this. Seriously though, avocado and sardines. Try it. 

#EveryTimeAPhoneRingsAnAssholeAnswersItInThePharmacy
#DontBeADick 
#PharmacyPhuckery

No comments:

Post a Comment