Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, November 16, 2015

It's Still Illegal

The set up: Pharmacies see the same errors from the same offices all the time. 
Pharmacies call. 
Pharmacies get grief from the Phone Whisperer. 
Offices never change. 
Cycle Repeats...


Local Office Screening Each Request: Thanks for calling the office of Dewey, Screwem, and Howe. Sup?
CP: You can't do this. 
LOSER: Sez who? 
CP: CP. The great and powerful. 
LOSER: Hmm. What makes your word gospel?
CP: Unlike prescribers who think they are Above the Law, or that it does not pertain to them, or they can ignore it, pharmacists' licenses depend upon their compliance with it. 
(To which LOSERs will respond with either or both of the following:)
1. But we've always done it this way. 
2. You're the first/only pharmacist that troubles us over this. 

CP: I see. I see. So, your argument here is that, since you've always broken the law, you are allowed to continue doing so?
LOSER: Yes. I mean, no. I mean, I didn't say that. 
CP: You kinda did. 
LOSER: No I didn't. 
CP: Let me put in context for you. The next time you get pulled over for speeding, try this dialogue with the officer who saunters up to your vehicle: "Well, officer, you see it's like this. I ALWAYS set my cruise at 7MPH above the posted Speed Limit on the Interstate." 
Cynical Highway Patrol: That's not legal. 
LOSER: It's okay. I always do it. 
CHiP: That's not how it works. 
LOSER: Sure it does. I've always done it this way. It works this way at work too. 
CHiP: No. No. No. No. No. Here's a ticket.
LOSER: Okay. I'll just put it in my glove box and ignore it.
CHiP: You can't do that either.
LOSER: Why not? I always do it this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment