Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

If the Real World Worked As People Believe the Pharmacy Does

Bank Teller: Thank you for coming into the bank. No one does anymore.
CP: And there are still just as few employees as there ever were.
BT: How may I help you?
CP: I should like to inquire as to the status of my payroll funds. They were to be direct deposited this morning.
BT: Do you have your account number?
CP: No. I have used other Bank of America locations before. Just look me up.
BT: But this is Chase.
CP: Aren't you all connected?
BT: No. No more than Walgreen's and Rite Aid share a computer.
CP: Oh. Well is my deposit here?
BT: I can't seem to locate it.
CP: What? They said it would be here. Can you check my friend's account? They sent our payroll at the same time.
BT: I show a deposit made today for that person, but nothing for you.
CP: What? I watched them send it. I put the direct deposit account info in myself and faxed it directly to payroll yesterday!
BT: It can take up to 2 weeks for it to get approved. Check your mailbox for a cheque.
CP: This is why I quit coming here to KeyBank.
BT: We are Chase.
CP: Can't you give me enough money to get through until my cheque arrives? I'm out. There's a great deal on Chia Pets at the local CVS and I need to stock up before they sell out.

1 comment:

  1. CP, you make my day brighter. Thank you for putting into words what many of us think daily. I laugh with each post, my family thinks I am losing it as I am laughing at my laptop...

    ReplyDelete