Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Dick and Jane

See Jane. She is a pharmacist.
See Dick. Dick is a patient.

Jane: How can I help you today?
Dick: I need a refill.
Jane: Do you have the prescription number?
Dick: No. But it's in your computer.

Don't be a Dick.
------------------------------

See Jane. She is a pharmacist.
See Dick. Dick is a patient.

Jane: How may I help you today?
Dick: Can you tell me the price of this before I have it filled?
Jane: Do you have insurance?
Dick: I do.
Jane: Then I cannot tell you. I can give you a cash copay, but I must process the prescription to your insurance so they can tell me what I am to charge you.
Dick: But every other pharmacy I ever used can always do that.
Jane: Alas, they cannot. Do you know if you have set copays for brands and generics?
Dick: No. That's not my job.
Jane: Actually it is, for it is your insurance.

Don't be a Dick.
------------------------------

See Jane. She is a pharmacist.
See Dick. He is a patient.

Jane: How may I help you today?
Dick: I need a refill.
Jane: I am sorry sir, you are out of refills. As it's been over a year since this was written you need to call your doctor to have it refilled.
Dick: I ain't got time for that. You do it!
Jane: As I cannot do that, since your doctor requires an annual visit and does not like us to fax him, it appears we are at an impasse.
Dick: I'll just die then.
Jane: Or you could go to the doctor...

Don't be a Dick.
------------------------------
See Jane: She is a pharmacist.
See Dick: He is a patient.

Jane: How may I help you today?
Dick: This was run through as cash. Why didn't you tell me? I have insurance! Shouldn't you pay attention?
Jane: Some people have 1 insurance. Some have 2. Some prefer to pay cash and submit for reimbursement. Some use discount cards. Had you filled with us before, we may have had your information on file. Shouldn't you pay attention to what you are buying BEFORE you fork over the credit card?

Don't be a Dick.
------------------------------

See Jane: She is a pharmacist.
See Dick: He is a non-pharmacist District Manager.
Jane: Good to see you today, sir!
Dick: Thanks. How are things going? Lots of shots administered? Script counts up?
Jane: Of course. We are the best store in the district.
Dick: Oh. I see you have a customer.
Jane: You mean a patient? Here in pharmacy-land, we have patients.
Dick: Patient. Customer. Whatever. As long as they spend money, right?

Don't be a Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment