Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Sympathy Phor The Devil

ApologiseExpress regret for something that one has done wrong.
SympathiseAgree with a sentiment, opinion, or ideology; (having) feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune.
Empathise: Understand and share the feelings of another. 

CPP: Why the vocabulary test this morning? 
CP: Our techs are committing one of my least favourite, and arguably most-American sins in retail. 
CPP: Texting while ringing? 
CP: Worse. Saying "I'm sorry" for things that are not their/our phault. 
CPP: Yeah, I'm not a phan of that one either. It's a knee-jerk reaction. We are conditioned to say it. It rings hollow. 
CP: I will take the blame for something that IS my phault, but I am going to continue to place the blame squarely where it belongs. There are a lot of things outside of my control with which I deal all day. These include, but are not limited to: offices calling in scripts; sending scripts electronically; initiating and completing prior auth requests; responding to pharmacy refill requests; responding to pharmacy calls for clarification on poorly-written scripts and/or e-scripts; insurance prices; insurance formularies; insurances requiring 30-, 60-, or 90-days supplies; offices replying to requests for 90-days supplies; drug prices and your copays; you not reading/hearing/comprehending the text/email/voicemail correctly; etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum. 
CPP: Doctors, insurances, and technology, oh my!
CP: Do not say "I'm sorry" when it is not your phault and your intention instead is to convey empathy. 
CPP: Indeed, if you wish to sympathise, say something that evokes that.
CP: We did not receive your prescriptions? 
CPP: Office must not have sent it or could have sent it elsewhere. Bummer, dude. 
CP: Your insurance requires a prior auth so we cannot bill your insurance. I feel your pain.
CPP: You should call them and complain. What are you paying them for?! I too am incensed!
CP: Man, I feel bad phor you son, I got 99 problems but your script ain't one. 
CPP: Like a Hoover, that sucks.
CP: "Happy: smile. Sad: Frown. Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion." At fault: apologise. No fault of yours: sympathise. 
CPP: Meg Ryan?
CP: Great line. And I'm not sorry for using it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment