Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, December 3, 2018

This Is Not A Negotiation

Wildly Imagining My Partaking, Yes?: Hello. I have a question for you.
CP: I love questions. Do I have to reply with "I have an answer for you" before I respond? Or can I just give you my answer without a preface?
WIMPY: I suppose either would work. 
CP: Then fire away my good man.
WIMPY: I wish to receive a 90 days supply of my medication.
CP: That's a statement.
WIMPY: However, I only have enough money for some of it now.
CP: Another statement. <taps fingers on counter>
WIMPY: What?
CP: This is like learning German; I'm waiting for the verb.
WIMPY: Can I get my whole 3 month prescription up front and make payments every week?
CP: Like an installment plan? Or layaway?
WIMPY: Yes.
CP: Please please please quote your namesake for me.
WIMPY: I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some medication today?
CP: <titters> Worth it.
WIMPY: So you'll do it?
CP: <snickers> Nope. That's like my company paying me on January 1st for an entire year of work and expecting me to show up every week. I'm sure we'd start off the best of friends those first few weeks but by February? You're not returning my calls and texts, your FB status says "it's complicated" and there are pictures of other pharmacies on your Instagram.
WIMPY: What do you suggest?
CP: An installment plan. How about you pay me every week and in exchange, I'll give you medication every week. It's a true win-win. You get medication and I get 52 refills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment