Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Mother, Mother. . .

Student At University Studying And Getting Educated: Hi. I was wondering if my prescription was ready?
CP: Not yet. We did receive it but we have not finished it. Give me 20 minutes and we shall have it ready for you.
SAUSAGE: Many thanks. I will be there then.
 <5 minutes later>
SAUSAGE's Mom: I was calling to see if my little SAUSAGE's medication was ready.
CP: Well, I just spoke with your little SAUSAGE and explained that 20 minutes was all I needed to complete the filling process.
SAUSAGE's Mom: Okay. I'm just trying to make sure it's taken care of. My little SAUSAGE goes to university out your way.
CP: I know. I heard.
<5 minutes later>
Store Local To SAUSAGE's Mom: I'm not sure why, but I'm calling to see why you're having trouble filling a prescription for a student of ours.
CP: Let me guess. You got a call from SAUSAGE's Mom?
SLTSM: Yep.
CP: <recounts how we spoke with both SAUSAGE AND SAUSAGE's mom> So why did she call you.
SLTSM: Not sure. But this is for a student? An adult student? A university student?
CP: Yes.
SLTSM: What is going on with parents today?
CP: This has me wondering who is going to chew up the medication for SAUSAGE and spit it into SAUSAGE's mouth like a mama bird. Not sure how SAUSAGE is going to be able to manage to coordinate the drinking of water and swallowing a whole tablet at the same time.
<other line rings>
Uber-Tech: Yes, ma'am. We are speaking with the other pharmacy right now. Yes. We are filling it right now. No. I am not sure what the problem is, <whispers> other than you.
CP: Again?
UT: Yes.
CP: What now?
UT: Just making sure everything is being taken care of for her little SAUSAGE.
CP: No wonder this kid flew so far from the nest to go to school.

"Hush now, baby, baby, don't you cry.
Mama's gonna make all of your nightmares come true.
Mama's gonna put all of her fears into you.
Mama's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
She won't let you fly, but she might let you sing.
Mama's gonna keep baby cozy and warm."

#OfCourseMamasGonnaHelpBuildTheWall


No comments:

Post a Comment