Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Stupid is as Stupid Does…

Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see Armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will. I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit, 3-ring circus sideshow of freaks here... The only way to fix it is to flush it all away…

CP: Here's a prescription to check.
CP's Partner: Why is it on hold? It's an antibiotic.
CP: Check the profile.
CPP: This is already in our bagged and tagged section?
CP: Yep. Been there for a week.
CPP: Despite 4 phone calls, 20 text alerts, and 15 tweets reminding him to come get it?
CP: Yes.
CPP: Why did they call it in again today?
CP: Let's play pretend. You pretend to be Dr. Zoffis and I'll play the silly patient.
CPP: Okay.

CP (as Silly Patient): I'm not feeling well.
CPP: (as the dashing Dr. Zoffis): Poor baby. What's wrong? Didn't we just see you last week?
CPSP: Yes. But I'm not feeling any better.
CPPDZ: Why not?
CPSP: I'm not sure.
CPPDZ: Let me call in another prescription for you.
CPSP: Okay. If you think it will help.
CPPDZ: You call and let me know if you don't feel any better after I call this in for you.

CPP: That was phun.
CP: Pretty sure that's how it had to play out. No other explanation is plausible. Apparently SP missed the part about actually coming to the pharmacy, retrieving the prescription, then taking it into his body via the oral route.
CPP: Mayhap Dr. Zoffis should have asked if the patient had actually taken the first round of antibiotics that he prescribed?
CP and CPP: <fall onto floor in fit of sidesplitting laughter>
CP: I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
CPP: This would be like calling the garage about your leaking tires to complain they are losing air, scheduling an appointment, not showing, then calling again every day saying your tires are getting flatter and you can't understand why.
CP: Better yet. That'd be like going to a restaurant, ordering food, not eating any victuals, then ordering more food, continuing not to touch the tastiness before you, then wondering why your hunger continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment