Facebook and Twitter


and follow my blog on Twitter @pharmacynic to receive notifications on new posts.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Ask the Question

I have always been a believer in asking the question that you want answered. What do you ask of someone when you want to know the time? What do you ask of someone when you want to know about their allergies or if they need counseled?

Time Guy: Do you know what time it is?
Me: No.
TG: But you're wearing a watch.
Me: I am. And it has the time on it.
TG: What does it say?
Me: It doesn't talk.
TG: Can you tell me what time it is?
Me: I can.
TG: Will you?
Me: No.
TG: Why not?
Me: I'd have to look at my watch first.
TG: Can you look at it?
Me: I can. But I don't want to. I know what it looks like.
TG: Sir, what time is it?
Me: Time for the next question...

Any Tech: Do you have any drug allergies?
Funny Customer: Well, weed makes me a little funny?
AT: Um...
FC: Oh, and Ecstasy makes me really thirsty.
AT: Um...
FC: Meth makes my teeth fall out.
AT: Any allergies to any medications?
FC: Oh. No. I guess those were side effects, not actual allergies anyway.

Any Tech: Any questions today?
Every Customer: What are the winning lottery numbers?
AT: Um, for the pharmacist?
EC: Is she single?
AT: Um, do you have any questions for the pharmacist regarding your prescriptions today?
EC: That's better.

I also like the people who walk up and say "Can I ask you a question?" Hmmm. Didn't give me a lot of choice on that one. My answers have ranged from:
"Besides that one?" to "You just did." (said as I walk away).

1 comment:

  1. After asking a patient if he had any questions he sarcastically replied "What's the meaning of life?" I looked him in the eyes and said "Live it. Any other questions today?" He was so shocked that I had an answer (and a good one at that) he just shook his head and walked away.

    Dispensing drugs and philosophy at the same counter is all in a day's work.

    ReplyDelete